Leading up to the AGM are various deadlines. The schedule is below:
• 25th March: Last date for nominations for the new committee and cut-off date for membership
The society always needs members to volunteer to keep the society running. To become a committee member you only need to fill in a nomination form prefrably by the due date above and given to the Secretary (for practicality also any existing committee member). Forms can be posted, delivered or given by hand. Please read the form early to ensure the requirements are met in time, particularly ‘being a member’ and witness signatures.
• 8th April: Last day for AGM notification to members
The society will announce to all members the AGM date and venue. This will be done primarily by email, but for those not on email then contact will be attempted by telephone, else by post. Other methods will be by this website and the CAS Facebook.
• 15th April: Last date for issue of ballot papers
For application to become a committee member only. No action required by such member.
• 22nd April: Last date for additional Items for the agenda
A member may request that additional items be added to the agenda by giving written notice to the Secretary, supported by two other members, at least 14 days before the date of the meeting.
• 29th April: Last date for ballot (election) papers to be returned
An election for committee members shall take place if there are more candidates than vacant posts on the Committee.
The following are available to view and as downloads: