• Our observatory at Kenley may be open this Saturday 16th December, depending on the weather, and whenever open on a Saturday the public are welcome, just turn up. There are details on the events page; follow the links above for more.
Meetings at the Royal Russell School
• The next meeting at the Royal Russell School is in the new year, Friday 12th January at 7:45 pm, when member Wiliam Lumb will give a talk on his personal experience of the Solar Eclipse 2017 - the details of which, along with the schedule of dates and talks, can be seen here. Details are updated as soon as they are known.
• The images to the right show the most recent by our members, mostly in the south London area. See the gallery for more details of these and other images.
• The Latest News page has new items (updated: 8th July).
• The Events page has new events (updated: 8th July). Observing events at Kenley, past and for the rest of the year.
• The Astronomy page now has links to what can be seen in the night sky right now, choosing a telescope, online calculators etc.
We also have an observatory, above, near Kenley aerodrome CR8 5EP. There is also a clubhouse for visiting groups, a kitchen for hot drinks and wireless broadband internet. Schedule meetings here are on some Friday nights for members only, and any Saturday night it is clear for the public as well. We notify just below when this is the case. Parking is nearby, off-road in Hayes Lane just a couple of hundred metres to the south at the Royal Air Force Kenley Tribute.
Our observatory at Kenley may be open this Saturday 16th December, depending on the weather, and whenever open on a Saturday the public are welcome, just turn up. There are details on the events page; follow the links above for more.
Founded as the Croydon Group of the Junior Astronomical Society on 5th May 1956, and becoming the Croydon Astronomical Society in 1965.
The Society holds lecture evenings at the Royal Russell School, Coombe Lane, Croydon, Surrey CR9 5BX. These are held every other Friday during school term time. More information on dates and our lectures are in the Meetings page. Lectures start at 7:45 pm and finish around 10 pm. There is free parking and very good public transport links.