• Our observatory at Kenley will be open tonight Saturday 14th July, from 9:pm, as forecasts are favourable for a clear sky. It was last opened last week, for particularly the Moon and planets, and details of the last openings are here.
Whenever open on a Saturday the public are welcome, just turn up. Here are details of Forthcoming Events.
Meetings at the Royal Russell School
• We are now into our summer break so the next meeting at the Royal Russell School is on Friday 7th September at 7:45 pm. Details, along with the schedule of dates and talks, can be seen here, which are updated as soon as they are known.
• The images to the right show the most recent by our members, mostly in the south London area. See the gallery for more details of these and other images.
• Photo Gallery updated 7th March with updates to existing galleries. Galleries can now be viewed across many browsers and devices.
• The Latest News page has new items (updated: 12th July).
• The Events page has new events (updated: 12th July). Observing events at Kenley, past and for the rest of the year.
• The Astronomy page now has links to what can be seen in the night sky right now, choosing a telescope, online calculators etc.
We also have an observatory, above, near Kenley aerodrome CR8 5EP. There is also a clubhouse for visiting groups, a kitchen for hot drinks and wireless broadband internet. Schedule meetings here are on some Friday nights for members only, and any Saturday night it is clear for the public as well. We notify just below when this is the case. Parking is nearby, off-road in Hayes Lane just a couple of hundred metres to the south at the Royal Air Force Kenley Tribute.
Our observatory at Kenley will be open tonight Saturday 14th July, from 9:pm, as forecasts are favourable for a clear sky. It was last opened last week, for particularly the Moon and planets, and details of the last openings are here.
The last public opening was last week on the 7th July when many visitors saw the plaents Venus, Jupiter, Saturn, Mars and the Moon.
Whenever open on a Saturday the public are welcome, just turn up. Here are details of particular events.
Founded as the Croydon Group of the Junior Astronomical Society on 5th May 1956, and becoming the Croydon Astronomical Society in 1965.
The Society holds lecture evenings at the Royal Russell School, Coombe Lane, Croydon, Surrey CR9 5BX. These are held every other Friday during school term time. More information on dates and our lectures are in the Meetings page. Lectures start at 7:45 pm and finish around 10 pm. There is free parking and very good public transport links.