• The next meeting at the Royal Russell School is on Friday 23rd March at 7:45 pm, when William Joyce will talk on The Geology of the Moon. Details, along with the schedule of dates and talks, can be seen here, which are updated as soon as they are known.
Kenley Observatory Openings
• Our observatory at Kenley may be open this Saturday 24th March depending on the weather. The last opening was on 24th February when about 20 people visited and we saw the Moon and many deepsky objects. Whenever open on a Saturday the public are welcome, just turn up. Here are details of particular events.
• The images to the right show the most recent by our members, mostly in the south London area. See the gallery for more details of these and other images.
• Photo Gallery updated 7th March with updates to existing galleries. Galleries can now be viewed across many browsers and devices.
• The Latest News page has new items (updated: 11th February).
• The Events page has new events (updated: 9th January). Observing events at Kenley, past and for the rest of the year.
• The Astronomy page now has links to what can be seen in the night sky right now, choosing a telescope, online calculators etc.
We also have an observatory, above, near Kenley aerodrome CR8 5EP. There is also a clubhouse for visiting groups, a kitchen for hot drinks and wireless broadband internet. Schedule meetings here are on some Friday nights for members only, and any Saturday night it is clear for the public as well. We notify just below when this is the case. Parking is nearby, off-road in Hayes Lane just a couple of hundred metres to the south at the Royal Air Force Kenley Tribute.
Our observatory at Kenley may be open this Saturday 24th March depending on the weather. The last opening was on 24th February when about 20 people visited and we saw the Moon and many deepsky objects. Whenever open on a Saturday the public are welcome, just turn up. Here are details of particular events.
Founded as the Croydon Group of the Junior Astronomical Society on 5th May 1956, and becoming the Croydon Astronomical Society in 1965.
The Society holds lecture evenings at the Royal Russell School, Coombe Lane, Croydon, Surrey CR9 5BX. These are held every other Friday during school term time. More information on dates and our lectures are in the Meetings page. Lectures start at 7:45 pm and finish around 10 pm. There is free parking and very good public transport links.